What is the Winter Season?
A K-2nd grade league created for teams looking to continue practicing and playing games after the HYL season ends December 9th. Parents and coaches will work together to form teams. Most commonly, HYL volunteer coaches will see if their team would like to continue playing. If some, but not enough players want to continue, then HYL coaches will need to find other HYL teams to combine with to form a new team. Note, it is only for these grades because Hoopfest operates a tournament season rater than a league for 3rd-8th graders that wish to play through the winter. Different then the HYL regular season, TEAMS WILL BE FORMED BY COACHES WITH PARENTS AND WILL REGISTER AS A TEAM NOT INDIVIDUALLY.
Team Registration Opens: November 27th, 2023
Guaranteed Registration Deadline: December 13th, 2023
Cost: $400 per team
Practices: Will begin early January subject to school availability. After registration, coaches will be provided the contact information for the respective school district to schedule their practices for the season.
Games: Saturdays only. 6 games total.
January 20th, January 27th, February 3rd, February 10th, February 24th*.
Game rules will be the same as the regular season. Teams may check out HYL uniforms or provide their own uniforms. HYL uniforms must be returned at the end of the season.
*Double Header/Subject to Change
How to Form a Team & register
- HYL Coaches determine if their Fall team would like to continue playing.
- If some, but not enough players want to continue, contact other HYL coaches to combine with another team or to pick up additional players of the same grade.
- Coaches will register their team and remit payment on Crossbar (same HYL registration site as the Fall League) and collect the team fees from each player.
- There is no individual player registration, parents should reach out to coaches or other parents to find a team.
- Games will run in the same fashion as the fall season, coaches referee, parents clock operate, 8' baskets, etc.
- There is no charge for practice gyms based on availability from most, it not all participating school districts.